KOSÉ Corporation (“KOSÉ,” or “we,” “us,” and “our”) is committed to managing your personal information prudently and protecting your privacy throughout our website at www.kose.co.jp (“Website”).
- Definition of personal information
- Gathering of personal information and scope of utilization
- Provision of personal information to third parties
- Preventive and protective measures against unauthorized access to personal information
- Correction or deletion of personal information
- Compliance Program for Safeguarding Personal Information
- Personal information management officer
Definition of personal information
The term “personal information” used throughout the Website is defined as follows.
Personal information means information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by a specific piece of information contained therein such as: the name, the residential address, the age, the sex, an email address, logs for accessing the Website, tastes and preferences, or other description; a numerical character, mark or other code assigned on an individual basis; or a graphic image or voice (including such information that will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable identification of the specific individual).
Gathering of personal information and scope of utilization
The purpose of gathering your personal information is to enable KOSÉ and its business partners to: carry out marketing activities, web-based services and sales activities, customize the information to be offered to you through the Website, and provide you with information that has been optimized based on your registration information. In addition, we will utilize your personal information to verify your identity when we receive your inquiry about our products or services or your application in any online form.
Provision of personal information to third parties
As a general rule, your personal information will not be disclosed without your consent to anyone other than KOSÉ or its business partners who have entered into a non-disclosure agreement with KOSÉ. In this regard, operation of the Website and certain web-based services are outsourced from KOSÉ to a firm that has entered into a non-disclosure agreement with KOSÉ.
* Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose your personal information in any of the following cases.
- If we receive a membership application or inquiry through the Website or an application for a customer review program for sample products or monitor products in the form available on a designated webpage which has been filled out, registered, or transmitted of your own will and which contains your personal information, we will consider that your consent has been granted and we may therefore disclose your personal information to our business partners in charge of shipping services outsourced by us.
- When KOSÉ determines that you may put a third party at a disadvantage, the information provided by you, records of telecommunications with you, and your registered profile may be disclosed by KOSÉ to the third party in question, the police or any other competent authority. In addition, KOSÉ or its business partners may disclose your personal information in any case where disclosure is required by law or needed for the purpose of safeguarding the rights or assets of KOSÉ or its business partners.
- When KOSÉ gives explanations about its products or services to its prospective business partners, client companies, or other related third parties, or when the purpose of disclosure is legally justified in any other case, KOSÉ may disclose your personal information in the form of statistically processed data (in a form that cannot identify a specific individual).
Preventive and protective measures against unauthorized access to personal information
To prevent unauthorized external access to personal information and loss, corruption, tampering, leaks, etc. of personal information, the Website is safeguarded by password management, data backup management, security control measures, firewalls, and other preventive or protective measures.
Correction or deletion of personal information
The Website is compatible with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which is a protocol for cryptographic protection of data transmitted over the Internet. If the Website provides a system allowing users to freely access their personal information, you can correct or otherwise change your own personal information on the Website. If you wish to refuse to provide your personal information, we will stop providing your personal information on the Website upon your request.
Compliance Program for Safeguarding Personal Information
We ensure our adherence to the Compliance Program for Safeguarding Personal Information, to be established as the rules that govern the gathering, utilization, provision, and other management of personal information across the Website.
Personal information management officer
To ensure proper management of personal information, KOSÉ and each of its business partners that have entered into a non-disclosure agreement with KOSÉ has a personal information management officer responsible for monitoring and supervising the protection of personal information throughout the company
Cookies are useful to help you fill out inquiry or application forms on the Website.
- Counting the number of customers accessing the Website
- Helping customers fill out an online application form for a product review program or customer rewards campaign
- Web advertising
If you register your email address and password to use the Website, you are requested to manage them carefully. We will not in any way be responsible or liable for unauthorized use of your email address or password. Please be forewarned that if you have registered false information or other people’s information we may suspend you from accessing or using the Website based on such information.