We would like to express our deep gratitude for everyone’s daily support and encouragement.
The KOSÉ Group has a long-term vision called VISION2020 to serve as a roadmap for growth for the period ending in March 2021. To achieve the goals of this vision, the Group has defined three phases to become an organization with a global presence: a V-shaped turnaround, building and strengthening global brands, and expanding and upgrading global brands.
During the phase of building and strengthening global brands, which started in April 2015, reforms based on the following two basic strategic goals have produced numerous benefits. Now these benefits will be used as the base for continuing to increase the pace of growth.
From a longer-term perspective, the KOSÉ Group will have to adapt to changes in market conditions with flexibility and make decisions with even greater speed. This is why the Group reviews and revises every year its medium-term management plan (numerical performance targets) for the following three fiscal years based on performance in the preceding fiscal year and other factors. The targets for the fiscal year ending in March 2020 are sales of 310,000 million yen, an operating margin of 15.0%, a return on assets of 17.0% and a return on equity of 14.0%.
The three phases of VISION2020
- PhaseⅠ：V-shaped turnaround (April 2012 to March 2015)
- PhaseⅡ：Building and strengthening global brands (April 2015 to March 2018)
- PhaseⅢ：Expanding and upgrading global brands (April 2018 to March 2021)
Two basic strategies for “Building and strengthening global brands”
- Promote brands to win recognition and respect around the world.
- Promote Flagship Global Brands.
- Accelerate the pace of developing new markets.
- Implement the strategies of all business segments.
- Achieve a sustainable improvement in performance.
- Develop products and services that can create new markets and are highly competitive.
- Improve the performance of human resources.
- Operate more efficiently.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in the KOSÉ Group and thank you for your continued support.
Kazutoshi Kobayashi, President & CEO