Sustainable Procurement Guidelines for Suppliers
For KOSÉ the relationship of trust with every stakeholder on the supply chain is of great importance, and we are continually seeking a mutually beneficial, long-lasting relationship with them. Our material sourcing and OEM procurement are based on the “Basic Procurement Policy” and “Guidelines for suppliers” below, with sustainability in mind. Every candidate for supplying materials/services to KOSÉ should carefully read and accept the Policy, fill in the inquiry form with the link below, and submit it to us.
Basic Procurement Policy
1. Quality and safety assurance
Our procurement activities are implemented in line with the “KOSÉ Quality Policy”,with the highest priority on quality and safety.
2. Fair and unbiased competition
We offer opportunities for fair and equitable competition to all suppliers, regardless of scale, both in Japan and abroad. Procurement decisions are made in a fair manner based on a comprehensive consideration of quality, prices, delivery times, supply capacity, management stability and other factors.
3. Compliance with laws, regulations and social norms
In our sustainable procurement practices, we comply with laws, regulations and social norms of different countries and regions, and give due consideration to the conservation of resources and the global environment, safety, human rights, and other factors in order to fulfill our social responsibility.
4. Co-existence and co-prosperity
Our aim is to ensure the permanent development of both our suppliers and ourselves by building mutual understanding and trust through our procurement activities.
5. Assurance of information security
Confidential information and personal information related to procurement activities are strictly protected.
Guidelines for suppliers
As a member of the international community, Kose will fulfill its responsibilities in the sustainability of the underlying society and the global environment. We are requesting that we consider the items to be considered for environmental responsibility and the items to be considered for the environment.
■ Considerations for suppliers’ social responsibility
Compliance with laws and social norms
ESG risk management and execution of the PDCA cycle
Basic Stance on Human Rights
- Respect for human rights and prohibition of discrimination
- Prohibition of forced labor
- Prohibition of child labor
- Creating a safe work environment and maintaining health
- Fair application of working hours, breaks, paid leave, etc.
Basic attitude toward fair corporate activities
- Fair competition
- Elimination of antisocial forces
- Responsible political involvement
Basic Stance on Information Security
- Defend against computer network attacks
- Personal data and privacy protection
- Prevent unauthorized use of confidential information
In 2020, KOSÉ exchanged “Memorandum on Human Rights” with suppliers to confirm our basic stance on human rights and clearly communicate KOSÉ’s expectations for human rights.
■ Supplier environmental considerations
Basic Stance on Environmental Initiatives
- Reduction of GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions
- Control of chemical substances specified in laws and regulations in manufacturing processes, products and services.
- Management of wastewater, sludge and exhaust and reduction of emissions
- Sustainable and efficient use of resources (energy, water, raw materials, etc.)
- Identification, management and reduction of waste and responsible disposal or recycling
- Biodiversity initiatives
For these considerations, we check the status of our annual questionnaire surveys to suppliers and request that we strengthen our efforts as necessary.
KOSÉ performs annual Supplier Survey and periodic information exchange sessions to ensure sustainable procurement. Find more details at the link below:
Process from receiving an application from a supplier to starting transactions with the supplier
The following outlines the process from the receipt of a proposal from a candidate supplier, through the review and evaluation of the proposal, to the eventual signing of a contract.
* In the case of a new transaction, in addition to the content of the proposal as described in our basic guidelines on procurement, we would like to determine whether or not to do business with your company after executing a comprehensive evaluation including handling condition and risk assessment toward social responsibility, environment/nformation improvement as well as looking at previous transactions with other companies. In addition, we will inspect and confirm the compliance status after visiting improvement related facilities in Japan and overseas.
Material/OEM Supplier Application
We encourage potential suppliers who understand and share our vision on Basic Procurement Policy to offer proposals.
Items for KOSÉ products (cosmetics and toiletries):
- Packages and accessories for cosmetic products
- Raw materials and fragrances for cosmetic products
- Items procured from cosmetics OEMs
Please note that we do not procure items other than those listed above, including POP materials, printed materials, sales promotion goods, manufacturing facilities, building and equipment, and office automation equipment, and no response will be provided.
- Proposal of equipment and various supplies for Minami Alps Factory (tentative name)